Monday, May 4, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

This was a busy weekend so I didn't get to post as I would have liked. We have been working really hard over the past year or so not to eat out so much. We are down to Friday night Happy Hour and Sunday morning breakfast during most weeks. Occasionally, we order a pizza on Saturday night but recently, if we don't have some function to attend, I've been making Buffalo Chicken Pizza. It's quick, easy and satisfying! Here's the recipe/instructions:

I brown about 2 to 3 pounds of chicken breast that is chopped into small pieces. I remove the pan from the heat and add about 1/4 cup of butter mixed with about 1/2 cup of Franks Hot Sauce and let it soak for a bit.

On a greased baking sheet, I spread out a pizza dough (I usually make 2 pizzas at a time). Son works at a pizza shop so sometimes I use theirs, sometimes a store brand or sometimes Pillsbury - what ever is handy. On top of the dough, I spread about 1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle of blue cheese salad dressing. Then I sprinkle chunks of blue cheese on top of that. Next, I add the chicken and hot sauce and then cover with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes and dinner is served!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment