Sunday, October 10, 2010

Abu Dhabi Part Three

Whew...

I really need to get in bed. It's going to be another EARLY morning and another crazy, busy day but I really want to get caught up here before I forget everything!



So, we got up early this morning - 5:30am local time. If you're keeping track - that was 9:30pm ET so, yes, I was getting up for work before most of you even went to bed! No one rally wants to hear about the work part so I'll keep it short. I'll just say that we didn't get off to a very good start. We were almost two hours late to the training because of a ride situation. But, we're professionals ;-) We recovered rather quickly. By lunch, we were back on track. But I had to tell this part mainly to emphasise how wonderful the people are here. There were about 30 people in our class and they were SOOO patient and kind. At the end of the day, one of the men even apologized to US for the difficulty that we experienced?!?!?!



After training, we rested up a little. Amanda and I ate dinner together and then went with 4 others in the group (Mel wasn't feeling well and stayed behind) to the Emirates Palace Hotel http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/home/index.htm


This place was amazing! I have never seen so much gold and crystal! One of the most fun things was the gold vending machine. Put in some money and get out some gold! It's right on the beach with amazing pools and restaurants. We saw all the plans for the new "island" that they are building off of the coast here. Unbelievable! I also tasted Arabic coffee which is made with cardamon and tastes like licorice.

I'm exhausted now and it's another 5:30am wake up call in the morning. As I remember more details about the last few days, I'll be sure to do some editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment