Thursday, October 7, 2010

Abu Dhabi pre-trip

This blog doesn't get used very often but I'm hoping to spend the next week posting about my business trip to Abu Dhabi.

A short version of the back story is that the company that I work for maintains a web based software suite that helps medical residency programs meet their common program requirements for accreditation. The ACGME is the accreditation council. The ACGME has recently launched an International branch to accredit foreign residency programs. Several International clients have begun using our software to track their requirements. Our latest International client is the UAE - specifically, four institutions in Abu Dhabi are going to pilot the software. Two of us who work in training and support will be traveling to Abu Dhabi tomorrow to work along side with 5 people from UTMB in Galveston, Texas to educate the Abu Dhabi clients about the ACGME-I and our residency management software.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! My co-worker, Amanda, will be picking me up at 9:30am for the first leg of our trip. We'll drive to Cleveland Hopkins Airport where we'll board a Continental fight and fly First Class to Houston's George Bush Airport where we'll meet up with the 5 others from Galveston.

As the song says... my bags are packed and I'm ready to go! Just a few last minute details and before I know it, we'll be on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment