Monday, March 23, 2009

Beef and Noodles

I'm home from a busy Monday at work. Tonight's dinner is beef and noodles. We have, recently, been eating this about every other week. It is one of the easiest, and cheapest things that I make and the kids seem to really like it!

Our grocery store has been having beef roasts on sale BOGO quite often lately so I can get about a 3 pound roast for $7 or so. Noodles are about $1.50 per bag but there have been manufacture's coupons lately that bring the price down to about $.50 or so. Here's the directions:
Place the roast in the crockpot. Dice a small onion and put on top of the roast. Mix together 1 envelope each of Good Seasons dry salad dressing mix, dry ranch dressing mix and dry brown gravy mix. Pour mixture on top of roast and onions. Put about 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of the crockpot. Cook for about 8 hours on low. Just before you serve, boil the noodles and mix with roast (which falls apart into small pieces).

I know some say that you shouldn't freeze noodles but I always freeze the leftovers of this and I think it tastes just fine!

I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine! Have a wonderful Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment