Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Recipes

It's been a pretty typical weekend around here. Friday night was spent with family for Happy Hour as we do each Friday. Saturday I held my first House Party for Land O'Lakes. It was a small but lively turn out! In addition to having cold cuts and cheese and crackers (after all, the ideas was to spotlight Land O'Lakes products!) I also made barbeque pork. I'll include the recipe at the end of this post.

Today, was our regular church and breakfast and I've spent the rest of the day lounging in front of the TV. I especially enjoyed watching "It Happened One Night" on TCM. It always amazes me that I can enjoy a 75 year old movie more than I enjoy most of the current releases! I also took some time to put some chicken breasts in the oven. Here is the recipe that I used. I haven't eaten them yet so I can't give a verdict!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts--placed between waxed paper and pounded until 1/4 inch thick. Melt one stick margarine and add one tbs worchestershire sauce and 1 tsp dry mustard. Crush one can Durkees French Fried Onion Rings in a plastic bag. Dip chicken in butter mixture and then in onion rings. Lay flat in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining onion rings before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Barbeque Pork:
I use a large Boston Butt (or pork shoulder) placed in the crock pot.
Place 1/2 of a large or all of a small sliced onion on top.
Cover with a liberal sprinkling of Emeril's Essence.
Cook on low for at least 8 hours
Drain as much of the liquid as possible, remove the bone and stir to break up the meat.
I pour in Ray's Sweet Baby Barbeque Sauce to coat thoroughly.
Serve on fresh bakery sandwich rolls.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment