Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tilapia Experiment

I'm not a very good cook. And since I have virtually no imagination, I'm even less of a good cook if I don't have a recipe to follow! But, I thought I would give it a try as I had 8 nice pieces of tilapia to cook and I wasn't sure what to do with it.

So, I picked a zucchini out of my garden and quartered it and then sliced it very thin. I placed that in a bowl with a diced tomato (sadly, not from my garden YET!). I added some minced garlic, olive oil and some fresh basil from my herb garden. I combined these ingredients and put them in a baking dish.

I oiled, salted and peppered the filets and layed them on top. I covered the pan and baked it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. The filets turned out tender and really flavorful! I really surprised myself that I could come up with a tasty (ok, but really simple) dish with no cookbook!

1 comment:

  1. Your talapia sounds even better than your meatloaf, Val. I have some local talapia in the freezer (from the farmers' market) that I will use to replicate your experiment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete