Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aeropostale

Just a quick blog post to give some kudos to Aeropostale.

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered Son two pairs of jeans online during their Friends and Family sale. They arrived last weekend and since Son has lost quite a bit of weight, they were too big. The jeans arrived just as I was going out of town for business. I asked him to return them to the store to exchange them and explained that he was going to have to talk to the cashier about a possible price difference. That ended up being too big of a request for an 18 year old - actually TALK (and speak CLEARLY) to a STRANGER??? Needless to say, the jeans were still in the spare bedroom when I got home.

Today, I made him go with me to try on a smaller size to be sure that they fit so that I wouldn't have to make yet ANOTHER trip to the mall. The store was PACKED! Everyone must have suddenly realized "OHMIGOSH! School starts TOMORROW and I have NOTHING to wear!" A VERY nice clerk helped us to find the jeans that we were looking for and, surprise of surprise, they were NOT on sale. I explained the situation that I had purchased them online and the clerk shared that she could take 30% off the price. That still made them a few dollars more than I paid but I was quite happy.

When we got to the register, I explained to the cashier what the clerk had said and the manager was standing there. She said, "Oh no. We'll just override the price and even exchange them!"

YAY!!! Thank you, Aeropostale, for being reasonable and kind. Especially in light that the store was a mad house and I'm SURE that everyone working was extremely busy. For whatever reason, I have not run into too many kind hearted store workers anywhere lately. I suppose that is one reason why I do so much of my shopping online now-a-days!

No comments:

Post a Comment