Friday, August 28, 2009

Band Woes!

Boy. What a bummer of a couple of days! Yesterday, I took my car in to have a routine service done to find out that I need $800 worth of brake work done. I escaped yesterday with a $600 bill but I need to take my car back in two weeks to have the remainder of the work done.

This is Son's senior year in band. Last month, we went to visit him at band camp. Usually we would get a preview of the year's show while there. This year, however, it was pouring down rain so they didn't get to march on Parent's Night.

I was actually really excited to go to the first football game tonight to see the band march. I EVEN gave up HAPPY HOUR (which NEVER happens!) About 12 minutes into the game, we had our first 30 minute lightning delay. The team came back out and played almost the rest of the first quarter - 25 seconds to go - when we had our second lightning delay. This time, the storm moved in shortly afterwards and the game got suspended until tomorrow.

They won't be able to mobilize the band (kids in other sports/activities, busing etc) for the game tomorrow so now it will be Tuesday (at the Fair) before I get to see the band show! Please pray for no rain on Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment