Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lexington, Kentucky

I have just returned from a business trip to Lexington, Kentucky. I have posted a review of our hotel, the Hilton Lexington Green, here: http://sharedreviews.com/r/45513-hilton-lexington-green-lexington-kentucky.

Upon some recommendations from friends, while we were in Lexington, we had some wonderful meals! The first evening, we went across the street from our hotel to the Fayette Mall Plaza and had dinner at Saul Good. I had a Cob Sandwich with fries which was VERY good! Since the weather was so beautiful, we ate outdoors so I can't really comment on the atmosphere of the restaurant but the food and service were very nice.

The second night, we ventured into downtown Lexington and ate at DeSha's. Prior to eating, we walked around Triangle Park and to the Rupp Arena and back. Dinner was HUGE and delicious. We started with the potato chips which were smothered in cheese, bacon, onions and barbecue sauce. Then I had the mushroom ravioli which came with a salad and cornbread. I was stuffed full by the time I was halfway through the salad but continued to eat until I thought I would burst!

We headed back over to the Fayette Mall to try to walk off some of the food but it didn't really help!

The last night, we walked right out the back of our hotel to the Regatta restaurant. You couldn't possibly get any more convenient than that and the food was, again, delicious and extremely fresh and reasonably priced for seafood. I had a combo platter that consisted of grilled salmon and a crab cake. This meal also came with salad, mashed potatoes and biscuits. So, once again, I completely stuffed myself!

After dinner, we explored the Joseph Beth Bookstore and before we returned to our hotel, we had a drink and listened to live music at the bar that is next to the Regatta restaurant. It was a warm, beautiful night and the bar and restaurant have outdoor seating that overlooks a cute pond.

We had a great trip to Lexington and I am happy and grateful that everything went so well - including the drive there and the training that we conducted at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment